How To Apply Hand Tied ExtensionsHow To
“Transform Your Look with Hand Tied Extensions – Get the Hair You’ve Always Wanted!”
Hand tied extensions are a great way to add length and volume to your hair. They are a semi-permanent hair extension method that uses a special technique to attach the extensions to your natural hair. Hand tied extensions are a great option for those who want to add length and volume without the use of harsh chemicals or heat. Applying hand tied extensions can be a bit tricky, but with the right tools and techniques, you can achieve beautiful results. In this guide, we will discuss the steps involved in applying hand tied extensions, as well as the tools and products you will need.
Step-by-Step Guide to Applying Hand Tied Extensions
Step 1: Prepare the Hair
Before applying hand-tied extensions, it is important to prepare the hair. Start by washing and conditioning the hair with a gentle shampoo and conditioner. Make sure to use a wide-toothed comb to detangle the hair and remove any knots.
Step 2: Section the Hair
Once the hair is clean and detangled, it is time to section the hair. Start by creating a horizontal part from ear to ear. Then, create a vertical part from the forehead to the nape of the neck. Clip the top section of hair away and focus on the bottom section.
Step 3: Apply the Extensions
Start by taking a small section of hair from the bottom section and separate it into two parts. Take the extension and place it between the two sections of hair. Tie the extension to the hair using a knot. Make sure to tie the knot close to the scalp.
Step 4: Secure the Extensions
Once the extensions are tied to the hair, it is important to secure them. Start by using a small amount of hairspray to hold the extensions in place. Then, use a flat iron to seal the extensions to the hair.
Step 5: Style the Hair
Once the extensions are secure, it is time to style the hair. Start by using a curling iron or flat iron to create the desired look. Make sure to use a heat protectant spray to protect the hair from heat damage.
Step 6: Maintain the Extensions
To keep the extensions looking their best, it is important to maintain them. Start by brushing the hair daily with a wide-toothed comb. Make sure to use a gentle shampoo and conditioner to keep the hair clean and hydrated. It is also important to avoid using too much heat on the extensions.
Tips for Choosing the Right Hand Tied Extensions for Your Hair
1. Consider Your Hair Type: Before selecting hand tied extensions, it is important to consider your hair type. Different types of hair require different types of extensions. For example, if you have fine hair, you should opt for extensions made from lightweight materials such as micro-fiber or silk. If you have thick hair, you should choose extensions made from heavier materials such as human hair.
2. Choose the Right Color: When selecting hand tied extensions, it is important to choose the right color. You should select a color that is close to your natural hair color. This will ensure that the extensions blend in seamlessly with your natural hair.
3. Consider the Length: When selecting hand tied extensions, it is important to consider the length. You should choose a length that is appropriate for your hair type and desired look. If you want to add volume to your hair, you should opt for shorter extensions. If you want to add length, you should opt for longer extensions.
4. Consider the Quality: When selecting hand tied extensions, it is important to consider the quality. You should opt for extensions made from high-quality materials such as human hair. This will ensure that the extensions last longer and look more natural.
5. Consider the Cost: When selecting hand tied extensions, it is important to consider the cost. You should opt for extensions that are within your budget. However, it is important to remember that higher quality extensions tend to cost more.
By following these tips, you can ensure that you select the right hand tied extensions for your hair.
How to Care for Hand Tied Extensions After Application
Hand tied extensions are a great way to add length and volume to your hair. However, proper care is essential to ensure that your extensions look and feel their best. Here are some tips for caring for your hand tied extensions after application.
1. Brush your hair regularly. It is important to brush your hair at least twice a day to keep it tangle-free and looking its best. Use a soft bristle brush and start at the ends of your hair, working your way up to the roots.
2. Avoid using heat styling tools. Heat styling tools can damage your extensions, so it is best to avoid using them. If you must use a heat styling tool, make sure to use a heat protectant spray beforehand.
3. Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo. Use a gentle shampoo specifically designed for extensions to keep your hair clean and healthy. Avoid using shampoos that contain sulfates, as these can strip the hair of its natural oils.
4. Condition your hair regularly. Conditioning your hair is essential to keep it hydrated and healthy. Use a conditioner specifically designed for extensions and apply it from the mid-lengths to the ends of your hair.
5. Avoid sleeping with wet hair. Wet hair can cause your extensions to become tangled and matted, so it is best to avoid sleeping with wet hair. If you must sleep with wet hair, make sure to braid it loosely or use a silk pillowcase.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your hand tied extensions look and feel their best.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Applying Hand Tied Extensions
1. Not Matching the Hair Color: When applying hand tied extensions, it is important to make sure that the color of the extensions matches the color of the natural hair. If the colors do not match, the extensions will be noticeable and can look unnatural.
2. Not Using the Right Tools: Applying hand tied extensions requires the use of specific tools, such as a looping tool, a crochet hook, and a rat tail comb. Using the wrong tools can make the application process more difficult and can lead to a poor result.
3. Not Securing the Extensions Properly: It is important to make sure that the extensions are secured properly. If the extensions are not secured properly, they can slip out and cause damage to the natural hair.
4. Not Cleaning the Hair Before Applying the Extensions: Before applying the extensions, it is important to make sure that the natural hair is clean and free of any product buildup. Product buildup can make it difficult to apply the extensions and can lead to a poor result.
5. Not Trimming the Extensions: It is important to trim the extensions to the desired length before applying them. If the extensions are not trimmed, they can look uneven and can be difficult to style.
Pros and Cons of Hand Tied Extensions vs. Other Hair Extension Methods
Hair extensions are a great way to add length and volume to your hair. There are many different methods of hair extensions, each with its own set of pros and cons. Two of the most popular methods are hand-tied extensions and other hair extension methods. Here is a comparison of the pros and cons of hand-tied extensions versus other hair extension methods.
Pros of Hand-Tied Extensions
One of the main advantages of hand-tied extensions is that they are very natural looking. The extensions are tied to your natural hair using a knotting technique, which makes them look like they are growing out of your scalp. This makes them virtually undetectable. Hand-tied extensions also last longer than other methods, as they are not glued or clipped in.
Another benefit of hand-tied extensions is that they are very lightweight. This makes them comfortable to wear and less likely to cause damage to your natural hair. They also require less maintenance than other methods, as they do not need to be re-applied as often.
Cons of Hand-Tied Extensions
The main disadvantage of hand-tied extensions is that they can be time consuming to apply. The knotting technique used to attach the extensions takes a lot of skill and patience, so it is best to have them applied by a professional. They can also be expensive, as they require more time and effort to apply.
Pros of Other Hair Extension Methods
Other hair extension methods, such as tape-in, clip-in, and fusion extensions, are much quicker and easier to apply than hand-tied extensions. They can also be applied at home, which makes them more affordable. These methods are also less damaging to your natural hair, as they do not require any knotting or weaving.
Cons of Other Hair Extension Methods
The main disadvantage of other hair extension methods is that they are not as natural looking as hand-tied extensions. The extensions are attached to your natural hair using clips, glue, or tape, which can be visible. They also require more maintenance, as they need to be re-applied or adjusted more often.
In conclusion, both hand-tied extensions and other hair extension methods have their own set of pros and cons. It is important to consider your needs and budget when deciding which method is best for you.
In conclusion, hand-tied extensions are a great way to add length and volume to your hair. They are easy to apply and can be done at home with the right tools and supplies. With proper care and maintenance, hand-tied extensions can last up to six months. They are a great way to change up your look without the commitment of a permanent hairstyle.